Welcome to Kodaikanal Golf Club

One misty day in June, twelve avid golfers, posing as hikers, stumbled out of a dense forest onto verdant rolling grassland, with gurgling streams and wooded hills. This, they thought, would be ideally suited for Golf. Thus, in 1895, was born the Kodaikanal Golf Club. In those days there was no ghat road as such, and the only mode of transport was by "shanks pony". The American and British missionary along with the Indian Civil Servants, formed the backbone of the club.

More than a hundred years later, with the support of these pioneering members, the club has grown from strength to strength, and now has over 400 members.
One of the oldest traditions of the club which is still followed today, is that The New Captain who has been nominated by the outgoing Captain drives into office off the First Tee.